Jamie is an integral part of the Shekter Dychtenberg LLP team, working tirelessly to help prepare clients for trial and ensuring every aspect of their file has been thoroughly researched and supported in case law. She has experience in all phases of personal injury law, from negotiating settlements with lawyers and adjustors to participating in pre-hearings and court appearances.
Jamie recognizes that her clients’ injuries are not about a legal textbook or a courtroom. It is about the lives and health of each client and their loved ones. She endeavors to meet clients with compassion: understanding their background, family, and future ambitions. Jamie takes the time to understand each client’s unique circumstances and advocates passionately on his or her behalf.
After being exposed to personal injury law during summer positions as well as her articles, Jamie developed a keen interest in the field and chose to pursue a career in personal injury litigation when she was called to the Bar in 2014. She has been centrally involved with every aspect of plaintiff personal injury and insurance litigation claims and has worked on high-profile, potentially precedent-setting cases.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Advocates Society
- Business Networking International, Vaughan Chapter (2014 - 2015)
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2014
- University of Manitoba, Juris Doctor (J.D.), 2013
- University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), 2010
- Vancouver Film School, 2004 - 2005
Tribunals/Levels of Court
- Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- Financial Services Commission of Ontario
Lectures and Teachings
- University of British Columbia Deans List, 2009-2010